November 8, 2017

thanksgiving planning



I found this adorable pillow at Home Goods this week and it's perfect on our backyard swing. Funny how just a little thing like this can bring a smile to my face, because I've got a perfect view of it from my desk during the day.  And now each time we go out back, we have a cute and cozy place to sit, swing and contemplate J

This pretty plaid throw is from Pottery Barn. I love how versatile these lightweight throws are. It’ll probably make its way back into the house and make an appearance at my Thanksgiving table!


And speaking of my Thanksgiving table, some of my favorite items have already made their way into the dining room as inspiration. Some will make the cut, and some won’t!! I'm starting to play with a few different ideas, and these turkey salad plates are always so festive, but I may go whole other direction...

One thing for sure, little accents are so important! Something like a stalk of wheat can finish off the look for each place setting, and I like the organic element it brings to the whole tablescape.


One of my favorite rustic elements for the table is the burlap charger plates. I used them last year for Thanksgiving and a couple of other holidays, and they always add great dimension and texture to the whole look. 

This year, I paired them with my favorite seashell embellished raffia place mats, and they really compliment each other nicely.


I have a couple of different options for glassware. Don't you love how these vintage amber glasses add so much vibrancy to the table?


A pretty border on the plates features acorns, so I thought a few real ones would be fun scattered on the table to repeat this decorative element.


Here’s my other option for glassware. I love the subtle amber color and the gold detail of this set, and the way the light just sparkles on them. These were also a score from Home Goods, and are made in Italy. (I also have them in amethyst). They're much more elegant and totally a different look than the other choice. Which ones do you think would work better for the table?


Glittery gold votives are the easiest way to add sparkle to the table. These are from Oriental Trading and you get a whole dozen for about $15. I've used these so much over the past year!


The little white pumpkins that I bought in early October will fit in perfectly with this whole rustic and glittery autumn look!


A few more of my favorite fall accessories were pulled for inspiration, like these adorable squirrel place card holders and a few pheasant feathers from last year's table. They might work nicely with the wheat and the little acorns.  


Another score was this small bolt of robin’s egg blue floral fabric found at my favorite thrift store. The colors are perfect for my Thanksgiving table and dining room. I’m not sure yet if I’ll create napkins, a runner or table cloth with this material.  


LMK what you think I should make with this fabric...   


Well that's my inspiration so far... 

We'll have to see how the final table turns out soon! 
Two weeks until Turkey Day...



ciao! fabiana










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your ideas - you have talent, girl! For that fabric, I'd make a runner.
Take care,
Lisa

Sally Cote' said...

That fabric is beautiful! I am sure however you decide to use it on your table, it will be lovely.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...