September 9, 2015

5 recipes for late summer tomatoes




Those summer tomatoes just keep coming!  Here are five of my favorite go-to recipes that I have made over the years, but especially this year with my lovely crops of heirloom tomatoes.

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup  is a recipe from Ina Garten and is one of my family’s favorites, especially paired with grilled cheese sandwiches. I make a big batch and freeze half for another time.

Stuffed Artichokes remind me of my grandmother who made a similar recipe, and wow, what a treat!

Alexis’ Chopped Vegetable Salad is named for Martha Stewart’s daughter.  I make this salad during the summer when it gets really hot out. It’s cool and refreshing, as well as yummy and nutritious. 

Zesty Spaghetti alla Puttanesca is a classic Italian dish that you must try, if you’ve never had it! The puttanesca sauce gets its flavor from olives, capers and anchovies. 

Pasta alla Checca is a quick and basic pasta made with lots of fresh tomatoes. 

If you try one of these recipes,
let me know what you think!

ciao! fabiana

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks! we suddenly have a HUGE last crop of ripening toms...

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...