October 9, 2017

falling for fall



I know I’ve mentioned this before, but Fall really is my favorite time of year! I don’t know what it is. Maybe it has to do with the start of all the holidays coming up, like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. It really gets me in a festive mood just thinking about it!

We had some pretty warm weather this past weekend, but that’s expected of October here in Southern California. Maybe the heat only helps the intensity of the colors of the fall leaves… I hope so! 

Pottery Barn tablescape

Last week I stopped in at Pottery Barn, and there were no signs of the Monique Lhuillier tableware yet, but they do have several pretty Thanksgiving tables set. It’s always fun to see what their inspiration is from year to year

Williams-Sonoma tablescape

Williams-Sonoma drew me in with the smell of their mulled apple cider that I could smell from across the way at Pottery Barn. They were serving that and some fresh pumpkin bread, mmmmm how can you not be in the mood for Fall with those aromas?    

table by Carolyn Zakryk Elegant Details

Look what I found on pinterest... a tablescape inspired by the “Be Thankful” Thanksgiving table I did last year for Oriental Trading. 

table by Carolyn Zakryk Elegant Details

Notice the same crossed pheasant feathers and the “Be Thankful” silver charm? It’s so nice when we can inspire each other. 

table by Carolyn Zakryk Elegant Details

I love these festive turkey plates!

table by Carolyn Zakryk Elegant Details

And the use of color in the centerpiece is beautiful.

table by La Dolfina

I think I was originally inspired for my “Be Thankful” tablescape by this one by La Dolfina. I love how she uses deep, rich shades of brown and then surprises us with the lovely pop of blue in the glassware.  


My husband’s cousin Lee created this lovely centerpiece in her Nashville home. It reminds me of my white pumpkin and Dusty Miller arrangement in a wooden flower box. Lee has such all-around great taste. She also has a line of yummy pickles and my favorite red pepper jelly created from special family recipes, called Oakley’s Southern Delights!


Making a trip to the pumpkin patch has been a family tradition for us for a long time, and Tanaka Farms in Irvine is the best one I’ve ever been to. They actually grow tons and tons of pumpkins here, in addition to lots of other fruits and veggies. Look at all these beautiful pumpkins


It’s so cute that they feature all the Hello Kitty characters here and there are lots of beautiful spots for photo ops. 

“Oh, hi there, cutie!” 


I can’t help being inspired by this season with all these wonderful things around me. Thanks for letting me share them with all of you!



ciao! fabiana


💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 


You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.




first photo credit: Traditional Home






No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...