February 20, 2015

cooking with herbs from the garden



I just got the perfect book for myself. You all may know how much I love to cook and to grow herbs, fruits and veggies in my garden. Well, my latest acquisition is Homegrown Herb Garden. The name may be deceiving. It's actually mostly a cookbook with fabulous recipes. 

The first section of this book gives great tips on growing herbs and it also provides interesting facts and nutritional info about each herb. In my garden, I grow basil, chives, oregano, thyme, rosemary, bay laurel, mint, sage, and lavender, so the second part and most lengthy  part of the book is to die for! 

The book is filled with gorgeous photos of delicious recipes using all my backyard herbs. My favorite recipe is for the Nutty, Chocolaty Rosemary Cookies. The taste of chocolate and rosemary together is amazing!


Here are some of my herbs that I grow in containers,
but most of my herbs are grown in the ground.

Herbs are not fussy and so easy to grow!
I always have fresh herbs on hand, 
no matter what I am cooking.

Here are some of the gorgeous photos 

from this book.


Fines Herbes Quiche with Flowers



Nutty, Chocolaty Rosemary Cookies



Spaghetti with 

Chunky Tomato, Olive and Mint Sauce



Heirloom Tomato and Peach Summer Salad



Vietnamese Pho 



Springtime Vegetable Stir-Fry



Skirt Steak with Chimichurri

Chimichurri is a sauce that 
Argentinians use on their grilled steak.  

I grew up on this stuff, 
and not only is it delicious,
it's also so good for you!

The addition of cilantro and marjoram
make this specific recipe so good. 
All the recipes in this book are 
straight forward 
and not difficult to prepare.

From sweet to savory, 
this book covers a variety of 
culinary cultures too!

It really one of my favorite books this year!  



ciao! fabiana






1 comment:

Celia Becker @ After Orange County said...

I too have a kitchen garden with a large area for herbs. It is so wonderful to be able to step outside and pick fresh herbs when I'm cooking. Many of them are perennials too, so I don't have to replant them each year. I also love chimichurri sauce. Argentines know their beef and what to put on it!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...