May 31, 2011

ikea jewelry display cabinet



We purchased a GREVBÄCK glass-door cabinet from IKEA about six years ago to display my son's Lego collection. Well, fast forward to 2011, and the Lego's are out, and we have ourselves cabinet without a purpose, until...



I was inspired by watching one of the Real Housewives shows. One of them had all her necklaces and costume jewelry hung on cup hooks in her closet area.  I took that idea and incorporated it into the six foot tall IKEA cabinet. Now I can see all my necklaces at once, and they don't get tangled. It's quick and easy to find what I am looking for. 



I think it would look better painted a fun color.  

What do you think?


ciao! fabiana



10 comments:

Ana Antunes said...

Hello Fabiana! Thank you for your visit on my blog! I just visited your blog and loved your Ikea cabinet Idea!! In the near future I'll be guest post on Ikea's new blog in Portugal and I'll be sharing some creative Ikea Ideas. Can I share your pictures as you're creative ikea idea?

Nob Miura said...

missoni havaianas?
I was surprised.
Will you be expensive?

Fabiana ~ Ciao! Newport Beach said...

The Missoni Havaianas are about $60, I believe.

DeLiz said...

GREAT! ♥ that's a really nice idea!!!!! :)
xoxo, honey
LiDì

http://fashiondeliz.blogspot.com

shopgirl said...

This is such a brilliant idea Fabiana! You did a great job! It's like a display case in a jewellery shop!

Thanks for your sweet comment and I'm following you too now! Love your name! Rambles with Reese

fifi said...

I just found your blog! love this idea!!! I love how you can display them but protect your jewelry from everyday dust!!! this is perfect!

Hellohello baby said...

Hi Lovely Fabiana.

Thank you for your comment!
Wonderful to follow you here. I love this cabinet idea and totally agree it would be great to paint it in a fun color!

Terry said...

Thanks for linking up! I love the idea of showcasing the jewelry..I'm very partial to creamy furniture but I think it should be painted to take it to the next level! Thank you so much for linking up, I'll be featuring your project and I hope you can come back this weekend!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That was a great way to reuse the cabinet Fabiana. You have some gorgeous pieces to display!

Reno and Reorganization said...

Wow!! This IS the ultimate repurpose!! I am a new follower

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...